Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

IT's FINISHED!!!!

It's Finished! 
   Finally after six+ months of actual work time it's finished. I started the first few pencils of this issue back in January.  In the mornings before work, and in the evenings after, I slowly but surely kept the train on track. My goal was to have it finished and printed by October for release at APE in San Francisco.

I think I made it.  :o)
      
Thanks to my Families patience. I started work on this story back in 2003. I just took a look at my Certificate of Copyright dated January 4th 2004. I wonder if I had known back then how long it would take whether I would have kept at it. Its just an example of persistence and how it pays off in the long run. Actually I piddled with it most of the time since. It wasn't till 2009 that I really began working at it in ernest, and after Wondercon that year that it began to take its present comic form.
Just yesterday, The Paperwings Podcast With Chris Oatley and Lora Innes  featured my quest. I am so humbled and thankful to both of them for spending time on the subject of What To Do When Your Dream Seems Far Away. The discussion and comments that followed Were, and Are chicken soup for my tired creative soul. If you haven't yet, please give it a listen. And be sure to catch all the Paperwings Podcasts & Blog discussions. I feel a wonderful community building around them and the illopond.com. It truly is exactly what we hopefull creatives need to keep the fires burning.
Thank you Chris & Lora from the Bottom of my Wacom!    :o)    

It will be available from http://Indyplanet.com very soon. And it will be available at APE October 1&2.
        

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sam! This book is a terrific example of how awesome a project can turn out with a little patience and dedication. You, sir, are a brother in creativity and an inspiration to strive for excellence.

    Communities like Paperwings and the illopond have made a huge difference in our creative lives. It has been great to have a place to develop and expand our skills along side so many creative and talented people. I'm so thankful to have found communities that are inspirational, motivational, and devoted to finishing projects!

    PS I've read issues 1 and 2...Can't wait to dig into #3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denver you are in my circle. Most definitely! I am SO looking forward to meeting you face to face!!! Ape is going to be so AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete